John Guastaferro, Executive Director of the Anaheim Community Foundation since October 1, 2018, has announced his plans to pursue a new career opportunity. Beginning July 1, John will join Hyundai Motor America, where he will lead Hyundai Hope On Wheels and Genesis Inspiration Foundation, both with a history of impacting youth nationwide.
John was ACF’s first full-time paid employee. Before his time as Executive Director, John was an ACF Board Member with a life and career deeply rooted in Anaheim.
During John’s time with ACF, he has led a period of tremendous growth for the organization, including:
- securing ongoing financial support from a variety of community partners,
- leading the Impact Anaheim annual giving day in collaboration with numerous Anaheim nonprofits;
- building structure and financial processes to facilitate ACF’s long-term financial sustainability;
- instituting ACF’s commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion;
- chartering much-needed community research and hosting ACF’s very first annual Outcomes Forum to share research finding with the Anaheim community;
- revitalized ACF’s annual Impact Report;
- initiating various Action Planning Groups to facilitate cross-sector collaboration and change;
- launching ACF’s Response & Recovery pandemic relief grant program, thanks to $4 million in city funding, to provide aid and support to Anaheim residents; and
- engaging donors in making a triple impact by supporting ACF’s programs, mission, and future.
ACF will be conducting an executive director search over the next 12 weeks. In the meantime, past board chair Ed Munson will serve as interim Executive Director under the continued board leadership of Kim Chips. Over the next 12 weeks, ACF will conduct a search for ACF’s next executive director.
To all of our partners and donors, thank you for your continued support and dedication to ACF!