At height of pandemic in 2020, Love Anaheim was enlisted by the City of Anaheim to aid the ongoing need for food distribution identified by schools in key geographical areas, and for specific families in need. Since then, other local organizations, such as Community Action Partnership of Orange County (CAPOC) and Pure Game, have joined the effort by enhancing the services provided to Anaheim residents.
The Pop Up Pantry program consisted of the following services, in collaboration with:
Providing all prep and on-site coordination through its Betterway program (which employs homeless and sheltered individuals) with city, schools, and other nonprofit partners.
Providing on-site social distance learning activities for parents that wish to stay or drop off their kids for duration of pantry hours.
Six (6) Mobile Pantries at two (2) locations with the help of our partners:
- Samueli Foundation
- MSD (Magnolia School District)
- AUHSD (Anaheim Union High School District)
- City of Anaheim Community Services
- Pure Game
- MBC (Magnolia Baptist Church)
- Native American United Methodist Church
- Eastside Christian Church
- City Church
- Victory Baptist Church
- Friends Church Anaheim
- Dr. Imram Sharief
- Waste Not OC
- OC Dream Center
- Better Way Anaheim.
Impact of Pop Up Pantry
- A total of 655 families were served in February 2021
- Distributing 900 dry goods and 864 produce boxes
Invest in this fund
Make a donation to support the Community Impact Grant.
Thanks to our current investors in this fund